The Guyson International group of companies is marking 75 years of continuous operation in 2013!
The enterprise now known as Guyson International Ltd. began as a privately-held company called Guyson Industrial Equipment Limited in 1938, founded by Mr. R. S. Thomson for the purpose of manufacturing blast cabinets.
In its start-up year, Guyson introduced the first blasting cabinet for service station work using steel grit as the abrasive medium. This was a revolutionary development, because the blasting system was designed to work from the garage compressor, and the operator needed no protective clothing, since the cleaning and finishing operations were contained within the blast cabinet. The ” Guyson Major,” as it was called, saw war service, thoughout the 1939 to 1945 period, as it was put on priority production work.
Through the decades, the company kept pace with the blasting requirements of new industries, introducing a variety of semi-automatic blast machines and high-production automated systems and developing applications of blast technology as new materials and processes came onto the scene. The firm’s growth was accelerated by the acquisition of Marr Engineering and Kerry Ultrasonics, leading Guyson International, Ltd. to the forefront of parts washing and precision cleaning.
Today Guyson has a global footprint, but it is a private company still. The current Managing Director of Guyson International is James R. F. Thomson, grandson of the founder.