Guyson’s versatility is widely renowned in the Firearms industry. Grit blasting is a popular and cost effective process for prep to coat, whether it be Cerakote, Black Oxide, or even Anodizing. Guyson has developed many solutions to blasting pistol frames, slides, carriers, trigger guards, cylinders, barrels, yolks, silencer components, and even upper and lower receivers. Guyson has a high degree of success utilizing Robotics and standard automatic blast cabinets for:
Six decades of working with the firearms industry for low and large scale production of gun parts and accessories
Get the quality you want and the consistent finish you need for your final product.
Get more work done
The Guyson 900 Blast Gun, combined with our pressure system, can pass as much as 10 times the amount of media in the same period of time as our competitor. This means you can finish more guns with one cabinet than you could with multiple cabinets from our competitors. Using the same amount of energy!
Cleaner, more efficient reclaim system
Our reclaim systems will leave your shop cleaner and your products brighter. With more pressure going into the gun, rather than into your shop, you will enjoy a cleaner shop environment.
Ramp up faster
Guyson can provide you one of our standard industrial blasting machine in a timely manner. Start your saving sooner, and clean up your blasting environment.
Introducing the AR-MAX
Blast Finishing for Firearms Industry
Three custom satellite tables for holding parts can blast up to 400 parts per hour, depending on your component size. Every part will get full blast coverage during the cycle time. When compared to a manual blast cabinet, the AR-MAX can reduce a process of several minutes down to 10 seconds per component.
The AR-MAX will increase your production levels, shorten turn around time, and will quickly pay for itself.
Wet Blast: A Cleaner Firearm Production Process
In the production of military and law enforcement firearms and particularly in the processing of parts for service handguns, adequately finishing the slide of the pistol is a common and frustrating challenge. The component’s configuration presents numerous nooks, crannies and hard-to-reach angles that obstruct a sufficient post-machining polishing process on the shop floor. More often than not, sharp burrs are left behind that expose employees to risky cuts and scratches when handling these delicate components.
A GUYSON Wet Blast System can blast, rinse and dry these parts using multiple chambers to meet and exceed process requirements. Because the slurry solution can give complete coverage it can clean and deburr in one step. Also if the pressure is reduced in the blast chamber Guyson WBS systems can duplicate a secondary lapping process that leaves an ultra-smooth and cosmetically superior finish.
Benefits for the firearms manufacturing industry
- Near or complete elimination of embedded abrasive media and related voids in the slide reduces injuries in the manufacturing process.
- Ability to etch, rinse and dry surfaces in a non-chemical, water-based, closed-loop system in one integrated, multiple-step work cell — right on the production floor.
- Dust-free, wet-slurry process allows for location of work cell in close proximity to sensitive production areas and increases workflow in manufacturing environments.
- Less production floor space needed due to the elimination of dust collectors.
- High percentage of water in the slurry dissipates heat.
- Improved controls over wet blasting and the immediate lapping of the surface with the same media leads to greater reduction in component Ra values.
- Precise and repeatable delivery of Wet Blasting slurry gets into previously inaccessible places, for a uniform finish.
- Stringent manufacturing standards and low maintenance.
- Easy operational requirements of systems speed ROI and reduce TCO.